Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant set align component to another

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
diego.veloso.98
395 Views, 11 Replies

Cant set align component to another

Hello there, I have modeled a inclined cast in-place bridge deck and pre-cast slab elements, and I would like to place the later into the voids that I left in the slab, but I'm having trouble in doing so, like shown below.

Thanks!!

diegoveloso98_2-1668708148377.png

diegoveloso98_3-1668708263088.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: diego.veloso.98

Modify Sub-elements and change the edge elevations by dragging the arrow snapping to the other slab.

Message 3 of 12
diego.veloso.98
in reply to: ToanDN

What if my model is a generic model, so It dont have the modify sub-elements option?

Message 4 of 12
ToanDN

@diego.veloso.98 wrote:

What if my model is a generic model, so It dont have the modify sub-elements option?

Then model the generic model slope natively, not by aligning after the fact.  How? Depends on the method of modeling that you use such as Extrusion, Sweep, Blend, Swept Blend.

Message 5 of 12
diego.veloso.98

What do you mean by modeling natively the slope? Isnt It possible to just change my family slope in my project file ?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 12
ToanDN

@diego.veloso.98 wrote:

What do you mean by modeling natively the slope? Isnt It possible to just change my family slope in my project file ?

It means you model the in place model as as it is supposed to be, where it is supposed to be, so that you don't have to align it afterward.

Message 7 of 12
diego.veloso.98

Got It... but like, if I want to do that way, creating a family, whats going on that I align It in an angle?
Message 8 of 12
ToanDN

@diego.veloso.98 wrote:
Got It... but like, if I want to do that way, creating a family, whats going on that I align It in an angle?

Model it as an extrusion drawn from the section, not from a floor plan, then align profile sketch lines (shown blue below) to the existing slab.

ToanDN_0-1668716098804.png

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN

I don't know why you need to model it in place.  It can be done simply, easily and more quickly as a floor with edit subelements, or a roof by extrusion.

Message 10 of 12

Because I need it to have chamfers, It wont be a simple rectangular extrusion, so I think I would need to have differents reference planes etc so I could model those chamfers if I used the extrusion option, I'm not familiar with modeling in place

Message 11 of 12
ToanDN

@diego.veloso.98 wrote:

Because I need it to have chamfers, It wont be a simple rectangular extrusion, so I think I would need to have differents reference planes etc so I could model those chamfers if I used the extrusion option, I'm not familiar with modeling in place

Can you show a chamfered profile?  It sure can be done one way or another.

Message 12 of 12
diego.veloso.98

Sure.

diegoveloso98_0-1668791025332.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators