Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Hangers

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1929 Views, 11 Replies

Beam Hangers

Hi,

I'm working with an engineer who wants the hanger components that show on the plan view (model components, not details) on the beams to be smaller than they currently are. I don't know how to adjust these. Can anyone help me? right now you can shoose Hanger, Moment connection and Cantilever on either end of a beam. It's those that I need to try and make smaller.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

depending on what you are working with, you can go into the revit family and use visibility settings to display/not display what you want in plan view.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

It's a parameter on the beam, not really a family. So I'm not sure how to adjust the visual look of a parameter.

m

Message 4 of 12
dzanta

what does the parameter control?...is it something you can change the value to get it to show differently?  Can you send me a screenshot of the area in question so I get a better understanding?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I have attached a screen shot. So on plan view when you place a beam, you have the option to alter the start and end connection (see red arrow). Whichever parameter you choose, alters the beam end visually on the plan (see red circle) My engineer would like to make that hanger smaller, so on shorter beams it doesn't look so obnoxious, except I can't figure out how to get into that to change the size.

Message 6 of 12
dzanta

screenshot?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
dzanta

how is that shape created?  is it a 3d object that you can touch and modify?  If so, can you select those objects and scale them down?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I don't know. It's revit generated. That's why I haven't been able to figure out how to adjust it. i don't know how they created it. It's not a 3D object because it doesn't show up in the 3d views. Only on plan views.

Message 9 of 12
dzanta

the connection you are working with is a symbol annotation.  Go into Structural Settings by clicking the Structure Tab, Structure Panel, arrow pointing to lower right corner on corner of panel.  See image.  Select the custom symbol annotation and edit it.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I've gotten to that screen that you have shown, but I don't see anywhere on there to edit that symbol. Can you tell me where you saw the edit part?

Message 11 of 12
dzanta

this struct setting window will list the custom connection type symbol you are using....look for the name.  once you find it, get out of this window and go to your Project Browser, expand families, annotations and look for it.  once you find it, right click and choose edit family...make the adjustment there.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators