Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach wall Top/Base to Linked model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PrathapSekar
1766 Views, 2 Replies

Attach wall Top/Base to Linked model

Hi Masters!!!

I'm working in a BIM model, In that model as client asked we have split the model to floor by floor. I'm working on Basement and other modelers are working on Ground floor, I want to attach Basement wall to ground floor slab, so I linked the Ground floor model to Basement model, and here the Attach Top/Base tool is not working to attach the wall to floor of a linked model. What should I need to do to attach the wall to floor of a linked model.

Also I tried by modify the wall height manually. And what I'm facing is the Beam supporting the floor in the linked model is merging with the wall (image attached). Please help me to get rid of this. And I don't want to modify the sketch of the wall. Thanks in advance.

Wall merging with Beam.jpg

Thank You! and please 'Accept As Solution' when you found a solution, to help others.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jbrazier
in reply to: PrathapSekar

Sorry but you cannot attach a wall or column to an element in a linked model.  You also can't connect a beam to a beam or column in a linked model.  The problem is not Revit the requirement to model each level in a separate model is the problem.  Does your client have a good reason for this?  Coordination of multiple models for the same project is a nightmare (on a project that could be one model).  If you have a column or wall that's multi-story you have to edit several models, this is like the old Autocad days!

Jon Brazier
Director of Production Technology
O'Donnell & Naccarato
Philadelphia, Pa.
Message 3 of 3
chrisng.nessb
in reply to: jbrazier

@jbrazier i do not agree with your opinion, For a project we will have more than one consultant. We can't ask the other consultant to use the same model with us as :

1) Project cost do not support

2) They are not in house

3) Network infrastructure is incapable to allow amendment in cloud

4) File becoming too big and not every company have high and good spec computer

5) They might be using other software. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators