Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone color schemes in ceiling view?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
lamar1616
8269 Views, 12 Replies

Zone color schemes in ceiling view?

Is it possible to  see the color schemes that you have for zones in a ceiling view?  For example, if I have a couple spaces in a building seperated in zones  and I want to add mechanical equipment and diffusers to the ceiling plan for each floor; it would be easier to do it if I could see the zone colors.  It would avoid me having to keep going to the floor plan to see the zones.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lamar1616

Nope - Color Schemes are not available for Reflected Ceiling Plan Views. A work-around would be to create a Floor Plans specifically to show the Color Scheme, and then place that View and the RCP View on a Sheet View, on top of each other. Work through the RCP Viewport via the "Activate View" command from the right-click menu.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 13
dougd
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Is there a legitimate reason why revit can not have a color scheme on a reflected ceiling plan? 

Message 4 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: dougd

Of course there is. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 13
tlagardeAJBTA
in reply to: dougd

I can't find a constructive way to answer that, has this feature been officialy requested ? I suppose not, I'll give it a try

Message 6 of 13

Message 7 of 13

Got it, just upvoted

Message 8 of 13
iainsavage
in reply to: tlagardeAJBTA

Don't wait for it to happen though - it probably never will so meantime you'll need to use @CoreyDaun 's workaround.

Message 9 of 13
tlagardeAJBTA
in reply to: iainsavage

Remember Justin Bieber, never say never

Message 10 of 13
iainsavage
in reply to: tlagardeAJBTA

There are requests from 2007 which have "not yet" (if you don't like never) been implemented.

There are nearly 48000 posts on the Ideas forum and some 382 have actually been implemented so whilst "never" may not be accurate you might be retired or dead before it happens.

Meanwhile use a workaround if you want to actually output any work product (at least that would be my best advice).

iainsavage_1-1708978979047.png

iainsavage_0-1708978682858.png

Message 11 of 13
curtisridenour

that is the sad truth. poor one out for the Revit users we lost along the way waiting for ideas to get implemented.

Message 12 of 13
HVAC-Novice

58b8b4428b9fd5096463109b5b53b436.jpg

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 13 of 13
iainsavage
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

😂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report