Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Room Color Fill on Reflected Ceiling Plan

Revit Room Color Fill on Reflected Ceiling Plan

Please enable ability to turn on room color fills in reflected ceiling plan.  We have to use a workaround of layered views on a sheet to make this work which is not ideal.

28 Comments
jkidder
Collaborator

I agree, this is very annoying.  We can use them in plans and sections, there is no reason why we might not need to convey the same information in a ceiling plan!

geo-arch
Advocate

Option to asign Color Scheme for Ceiling Plans

colin.magner
Advocate

Please don't forget to make this work for spaces too.

gmp-autodesk1
Contributor

This would help a lot with creating colored suspended ceiling plans because it is not necessary to work with filters.

Tags (4)
harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

scott_dakin2
Collaborator

I use space colour fill a lot, I use it to show which SPaces I have added electrical circuits to. This tells me how much work I still have to do an any given floor and stops me going over the same areas more than once in error.

I can't do this for lighting views as they are RCPs. It would be useful.

colin.magner
Advocate
Scott,

As a tip you could apply a filter to colour devices that have been circuited or have not been circuited, and override their colour on plan to show what you've done.

Regards,

Colin

Collaborator

I occasionally use colour to differentiate between different kinds of systems so it wouldn't work in all cases but for simple jobs that would work just fine.

Thanks Colin, that's a good idea. 

torizumi-t
Contributor

We can use "color schemes" only in the plan view.
We would like to use "color schemes" in the ceiling plan view.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

yoshihiro.o
Enthusiast

I would like to color the ceiling plans with the "ceiling finish" parameter of the room

I would like you to be able to use the color scheme even in the ceiling plans.

minusculelighting
Enthusiast

Color schemes are a handy and flexible feature.  So why can't we use them in an RCP view?   A search for this topic leads you to this HOK post:

http://www.hokbimsolutions.com/2012/12/color-schemes-in-reflected-ceiling-plans.html

Which has some workarounds, none of which is as good as just allowing you to select a color scheme for the RCP.

As a general topic, I feel like Autodesk spends a lot of time thinking about how architects will use revit within the same office, but leaves consultants out in the cold.   This is one example of that-- many consultants work primarily in RCPs and there are a lot of issues and limitations with RCP views.

PeterKnight
Contributor

A reflected ceiling plan is no different to a plan. It's senseless to treat them as different and require very un-BIM work arounds.

PeterKnight
Contributor

An RCP is a plan, it should act the same. 

thomas-holon
Explorer

I'm surprised it's been over 2 years since this came under review, and it's still not been implemented.

thomas-holon
Explorer

EDIT: Remove comment is impossible?

marc
Explorer

Great for plan diagramming such as back of house vs front of house. Currently we group fileld regions and copy/paste.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

In an effort to consolidate threads, we are updating this thread to Gathering Support. We are continuing to evaluate where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

We are in the process of improving and consolidating the Revit Ideas. This is by no means a downgrade...simply part of our cleanup efforts. Rest assured that your Idea and feedback is valuable to our teams, and that your Idea will continue to be reviewed. 

The Factory

jkidder
Collaborator

There is a general lack of consistency of features across view types.  Color schemes are available in plans and sections, they should be available in reflected ceiling plans.

I use color schemes to indicate existing spaces that are not part of the project scope.  Not having color schemes nativly in Revit means I either have to overlay views or use a filled region - neither option is ideal.  I'd like to use a color scheme to identify rooms that have exposed structure (instead of a ceiling) too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report