Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Diameter Connector Bug

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
timmywitt
1225 Views, 5 Replies

Use Diameter Connector Bug

Hey guys, any progress on the -24" connector bug? Steve mentions it in his blog post here: http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2013/06/conduit-connector-gone-rogue.html 

This only occurs when the family parameter "Round Connector Dimension" value is set to "Use Diameter." The problem disappears when "Use Radius" is implemented. It's the only reason we haven't switched over to Use Diameter for our new families to eliminate that radius-to-diameter calculation.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
eric_grey
in reply to: timmywitt

Hello,

I haven't found a bug logged for this, so I can't tell if a fix has been submitted.  Could you add a simple family that shows the issue to this thread?  I'd like to verify if the bug still exists.  

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Have not ran across this yet. But, we don't use anything that needs a 24" connector in the electrical field. Good to know though. Thanks for the post.

Message 4 of 6
timmywitt
in reply to: eric_grey

Here's a floor drain family we attempted. The radius edition you can change the pipe size on-screen by clicking the size, but the diameter edition gives you the -24" value and doesn't change the pipe size. If you use the Properties menu to change the pipe size, both function the same.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
eric_grey

I'm able to reproduce the issue in the latest build.  I'm going to log a new bug now to make sure we address this.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the examples,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 6 of 6
su66s

Changing the relationship between Radius and Diameter via their formulae has resolved this issue for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report