Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Behavior in Circuit Naming/Tags

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
m_clough
133 Views, 1 Reply

Unexpected Behavior in Circuit Naming/Tags

I was messing around with some idea to provide better ways to coordinate/document controls relations for mechanical equipment.

I have made a control module (Electrical Equipment) configured as Part: "Other Panel" that includes a controls connector.  The parameter: 'Panel Name' is associated with a text parameter: "SubcomponentOf".  Constructing the controls system results in something that looks like this:

m_clough_0-1704841726916.png

this sample tag displays (Panel, Circuit Load Name, Circuits)

when i configure this family as Shared and nest it inside a Mechanical Equipment Family, i'm able to point an identification parameter to the parameter: SubcomponentOf, which controls the Panel Name.  This part does function as expected, and the nested control module has the Panel Name equal to the Mechanical Equipment identifier.

m_clough_1-1704842205359.png

In the System Browser, the nested family's panel name is displayed (control module AHU-1 highlighted), but the circuit and wire tag display the FamilyInstance name as the Panel instead of the Panel Name.  This is the same in the Panel selection drop-down in the circuit contextual menu.

m_clough_2-1704842894386.png

Is this the intended behavior? Why does the Panel Name value of the nested family not get passed to the tag, but it appears correctly in the System Browser?  This is so close to working. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
m_clough
in reply to: m_clough

I messed around with this a little more and i think it just doesn't update for families already in the project, placing new families with the nested control module seems to work as intended with the parameter `Circuit Naming` set to "Panel Name"

m_clough_0-1704896787604.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators