Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated schematic from system browser

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
saNGFVJ
269 Views, 5 Replies

Automated schematic from system browser

Does any know if it it possible to create a schematic that is auto-populated with details from the Revit System Browser tree through circuiting and piping systems? Would be a great benefit for both mechanical and electrical systems as its circuited within the model to then create a schematic based on this. Since we complete panel schedules are done within Revit, having it all done in the one place using the same parameter value would greatly improve work efficiencies. Screenshot attached below for system browser details and tree that is already created via circuiting. 

From what I know it is not possible to link information between the schematic in drafting view to the model space and preference is to keep all systems within Revit without using 3rd party software, creating a live link. 

saNGFVJ_0-1704729630458.png

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: saNGFVJ

You mean a 1-line riser diagram? I have no experience with this plugin, but may be what you need:

https://www.designmaster.biz/revit/one-line-riser-diagram.html

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 3 of 6
saNGFVJ

Yes, something like that but within Revit or Dynamo that won't require a 3rd party application. I have tried a few and there is a lack of optimisation within them or live changes based on the model. 

Message 4 of 6
HVAC-Novice

I've never used the add-in I linked. But based on the video it seems to allow changing values within the 1-line diagram. 

But I did notice that some of the features are redundant to what Revit already can do. It seems like you then pay a lot for just a few additional features. It is quite expensive, so you really want to make sure it helps. 

If it is in dynamo, it probably isn't as user friendly. 

Please post if you come across a solution or try the add-in (I think they have a trial)

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 5 of 6
craigjonnson

There's nothing like that as a default option within Revit. Its all add-ins for this purpose.

Message 6 of 6
saNGFVJ

Disappointing, seems like it should be straight forward to include within Revit when the System Browser already exists. I'll put it in the ideas forum. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators