Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfers Rooms from Arch model to MEP model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2531 Views, 6 Replies

Transfers Rooms from Arch model to MEP model

Hello, I have a situation in a current project (it might be easy to solve though).

Currently, we are working in a HVAC design in a worksharing environment. The Arch model that was provided by the Architectural firm has rooms placed in every floor plant, however, when we link the arch model into the MEP model such instances (rooms) are not transfered or I´m not able to identify them.

Those rooms are needed for an specific HVAC design workflow within Revit.

Can someone explain to me how to transfer those rooms from the architecturalmodel or if they are not visible how to make them appear?

Thanks in advance,

Joser

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ASCunningham
in reply to: Anonymous

When linking in other models you will have to create spaces that match the architectural model. Under the Analyze tab you will see a button to create a space. After placing all your spaces be sure to run the Space Naming button to get all the names and numbers to match the architectural model.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ASCunningham

Thank you for your answer,

I´m aware of that but the question was if those rooms can be seen or transfer into the MEP model. (just the rooms) 

Identifying all rooms in a MEP model without that aid of visualization it´s a burdersome activity, specially in big models. 

thanks again

joser

Message 4 of 7
ASCunningham

Maybe I wasn't clear. You cannot transfer rooms like you are asking. Creating spaces is the only way to transfer this information between the two models. It only takes a few seconds and there is a option to place all spaces automatically. Give it a try

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ASCunningham

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
s.borello

It sounds like the rooms tags are present in the arch revit model yes?  If so then you have a visibility issue with your arch revit link. If you bring up your visibility/graphic overrides are you able to turn on room tags in your revit link?  See screen-shot below.

Message 7 of 7
randerson
in reply to: s.borello

also remember to see rooms and add their room tags from arch model to your MEP model the Arch model must not be ticked underlay and their visiblity graphics must show rooms and room tags, after you have place tag all rooms from linked model, you can then tick underlay mode for arch model and hide their tags.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report