Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAGGING AREAS IN A LINKED MODEL

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
prfisher311
807 Views, 2 Replies

TAGGING AREAS IN A LINKED MODEL

I HAVE A LINKED MODEL WHICH CONTAINS SEVERAL BUILDINGS. WITHIN EACH BUILDING ARE SEVERAL UNITS DEFINED BY AREAS AND CONTAINING MULTIPLE ROOMS. I HAVE SMALL SCALE VIEWS IN WHICH I NEED TO TAG THE AREAS. I ALSO HAVE LARGE SCALE VIEWS IN WHICH I WILL TAG THE INDIVIDUAL ROOMS.

TLRD: LINKED MODEL IS MULTI-BUILDING, MULTI-UNIT RESIDENTIAL. INDIVIDUAL UNITS ARE DEFINED BY AREAS. I NEED TO TAG AREAS/UNITS IN VIEWS. 

SO MY QUESTION: WHY DON'T AREA AND AREAS FUNCTION MORE LIKE MECHANICAL SPACES?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The short answer is Areas are aimed at early project design where the Architect may need to see Gross floor Areas, predefine shop units / or as in your case, units in a building and - I'm guessing here - It was never anticipated that areas would be needed for MEP design.

That said, you could override the view properties to display the tags in the LINK file:

Area.jpg

And Schedule the Linked areas:

Area Schedule.jpg

It's a workaround, but might help.

Simon Whitbread
BIM Consultant
Formally known as WHITBRS
Message 3 of 3

Not going to lie, I kinda forgot I posted this. But it would seem like this option should work. I think we resorted to manually inserting text to tag the spaces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report