Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAGGING AREAS IN A LINKED MODEL

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
prfisher311
790 Views, 2 Replies

TAGGING AREAS IN A LINKED MODEL

I HAVE A LINKED MODEL WHICH CONTAINS SEVERAL BUILDINGS. WITHIN EACH BUILDING ARE SEVERAL UNITS DEFINED BY AREAS AND CONTAINING MULTIPLE ROOMS. I HAVE SMALL SCALE VIEWS IN WHICH I NEED TO TAG THE AREAS. I ALSO HAVE LARGE SCALE VIEWS IN WHICH I WILL TAG THE INDIVIDUAL ROOMS.

TLRD: LINKED MODEL IS MULTI-BUILDING, MULTI-UNIT RESIDENTIAL. INDIVIDUAL UNITS ARE DEFINED BY AREAS. I NEED TO TAG AREAS/UNITS IN VIEWS. 

SO MY QUESTION: WHY DON'T AREA AND AREAS FUNCTION MORE LIKE MECHANICAL SPACES?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The short answer is Areas are aimed at early project design where the Architect may need to see Gross floor Areas, predefine shop units / or as in your case, units in a building and - I'm guessing here - It was never anticipated that areas would be needed for MEP design.

That said, you could override the view properties to display the tags in the LINK file:

Area.jpg

And Schedule the Linked areas:

Area Schedule.jpg

It's a workaround, but might help.

Simon Whitbread
BIM Consultant
Formally known as WHITBRS
Message 3 of 3

Not going to lie, I kinda forgot I posted this. But it would seem like this option should work. I think we resorted to manually inserting text to tag the spaces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report