Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify Circuit Information pop-up

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tkendrick
1891 Views, 7 Replies

Specify Circuit Information pop-up

I've wondered this for many years, it's really minor, so I've never taken the time to try to figure it myself. 

Does anyone know what parameter settings for electrical connectors drive the "SPECIFY CIRCUIT INFORMATION" pop-up window.

SpecifyCircuitInfo.JPG

Just now, I connected a 208V panel to a 480-208 transformer and I did not get the above pop-up. 

I then connected the transformer to a 480 panel and I DID get the above pop-up. 

I know I have some electrical devices (fixtures) that also behave this way, but not all of them. I imagine it has something to do with how the electrical parameters are set (type/instance?) 

Again, this is minor, not really an annoyance, just an extra step. Mainly just curious what the specific parameter setting might be, so I can decide if it's worth changing. 

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
kadmonkee
in reply to: tkendrick

it might be based on the Distribution System being used in the project for that particular piece of equipment in your project along with how families are created.

we have used shared and family parameters to allow for quick changes to different voltages within 1 connector in a family

other options are to have 2 connectors designated in the family with different voltages so it pops up when circuiting begins

ELEC Connector.PNG

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

It's the part type in the family editor, I believe.  I've only ever seen that pop up appear in association with circuiting junction boxes.

Message 4 of 8
fabiosato

Hello,

If the Number of poles and Voltage parameters linked to the electrical connector are set to instance ones, this window will pop up.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
tkendrick
in reply to: fabiosato

Yes! I think that's it. I looked into my transformer family, it's voltage was set to Instance, when changed to Type, I did not get the Specify Circuit Info.

Good to know.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 6 of 8
perry.lackowski
in reply to: fabiosato

@fabiosato, what determines the voltages that appear in this list? I have our panels set up with instance parameters for the voltage and number of poles, so we see this dialog box when we create the power circuit for the panel. However, our new project also has a voltage class of 220V. We set up the voltage and distribution system similar to a 208-delta or a 480-delta.

perrylackowski_0-1706546311929.png

We're able to set the panel's parameters to 220V, 3-Pole, and Revit lets us assign the 220V distribution system.

perrylackowski_1-1706546396709.png

However, when we click the Power button, this Specify Circuit Information dialog pops up, and it does not contain an option for 220V under 3 poles.

perrylackowski_2-1706546434512.png

Are we going to be forced to make the voltage a type parameter in order to get around this?

Message 7 of 8
sragan
in reply to: perry.lackowski

Apparently you don't get this option unless you add 127 Volts to your voltage definitions, and then add a 220/127V 3 phase 4 Wire system to the distribution definitions.

But once you have done that, you can select 220V when starting a new power circuit, and then you can connect it to you r delta panel.

Message 8 of 8
perry.lackowski
in reply to: sragan

@sraganThank you, that did the trick!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report