Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Naming Utility can't take the room names from the architectural model

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
787 Views, 4 Replies

Space Naming Utility can't take the room names from the architectural model

I'm working in revit 2019. I have the arch model linked into my mechanical working model and set to halftone and underlay. The arch room tags are still showing up in front of my diffusers, equipement, etc. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
J.Wehmer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm working in revit 2019. I have the arch model linked into my mechanical working model and set to halftone and underlay. The arch room tags are still showing up in front of my diffusers, equipement, etc. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

Allright...So your OP title says one thing, and your question is says another thing...

1.) Space Naming Utility: From your post it sounds to me like you are using Room Tags, space naming utility only works on Space Tags/Spaces.

**If the Arch tags are showing up in the linked model, Are you overriding the VG in the RVT Links tab to reference a Arch View/Sheet. If so, don't do that and the room tags will go away.

3.)That is normal behavior of Revit, to have the Annotative Tags (Space Tags, Duct Tags, Room Tags.....and on) on TOP of the Model Elements.

-Please click accept as solution if this answers your question!
Message 3 of 5
RobDraw

Why is your subject one topic and your question is a different (but related) topic?

I'll take the stated one. Even through a link, annotation is going to be in front.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Yes, sorry, room tags. Is there anyway to change that defalt setting?

Message 5 of 5
RobDraw

If there was, I would have told you.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report