Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Pipes Visibility according to "Piping System"

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
reut.h
479 Views, 6 Replies

Set Pipes Visibility according to "Piping System"

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set the visibility of pipes according to its "piping system" via "Graphic Overrides". 

A colleague of mine was able to set it and apply a solid color for a "piping system" in her project but it doesn't work perfectly in mine.

Project A - Working ! solid purple color for the pipe.

Project B - Not Working! Purple lines instead of Solid color.

I tried checking visibility graphics, filters & discipline and this didn't work. 

* I prefer using this method to colorize pipes instead of creating filters.

* Im using Revit 2021

Thanks!

2024-02-26_16-32-55.jpg

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dbutts7
in reply to: reut.h

Can you share an example for us to take a look at?

Colors can be set by system (my preference) but can also be overridden by filters and materials, depending on how you are presenting the view. 

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
reut.h
in reply to: dbutts7

Thank you David,

I looked a little deeper inside the pipes and it seems that a filter was controlling the pipe color and not the piping system.

Do you know if its possible to set a solid fill color to the piping system instead of just setting up the lines color

Message 4 of 7
iainsavage

Your Pattern = Solid refers to the line pattern so the system pipes will always display solid (continuous) line pattern and this will prevent the hidden line settings in views from working properly. It does not affect the fill pattern for the pipe.

The fill pattern is based on the material HDPE

iainsavage_0-1708964374170.png

The fill colour will only appear in views which are shaded or consistent colours or realistic, it won't appear in hidden or wireframe.

Message 5 of 7
dbutts7
in reply to: iainsavage

I use the material. I added material definitions to my template for all of the ANSI pipe colors and then used a solid fill for the pattern. That way, when you go to a shaded view it shows the pipe by that color.

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
iainsavage

.....fills applied using view filters will however appear in hidden line and wireframe

iainsavage_0-1708964977906.png

Message 7 of 7
reut.h

Thank you so much!

Your comments helped me alot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators