Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule of pipe slope

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
arqyt
3489 Views, 14 Replies

Schedule of pipe slope

Can you get a schedule table that indicate pipe slope?
Apparently it seems not.
I am perplexed

Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Revit_Whisperer
in reply to: arqyt

The system slope parameter is not something that is available in the schedule fields natively in Revit.  There is a tool that will allow you to pull the information from system parameters into a parameter you create in the project.  I use the IMAGINiT Revit Utilities, there may be others that can do something similar.

I did a quick video on the process.

http://screencast.com/t/cxkjIxvA

Message 3 of 15
arqyt
in reply to: Revit_Whisperer

OLE!!!
Magnifico plugin, Whisperer
Thank you very much for your invaluable help
Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT
Message 4 of 15
Revit_Whisperer

Happy to help =)!

Sherry

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Revit_Whisperer

@Revit_Whisperer wrote:

The system slope parameter is not something that is available in the schedule fields natively in Revit.  There is a tool that will allow you to pull the information from system parameters into a parameter you create in the project.  I use the IMAGINiT Revit Utilities, there may be others that can do something similar.

I did a quick video on the process.

http://screencast.com/t/cxkjIxvA

Could you please reshare the video? I can not open this one.

Thank you.

Miguel

Message 6 of 15
brownbr2VHQE

Realizing this is a old post, but I have a possible solution. Also this is my first reply on the forum.
A solution I found for scheduling the pipe angle (Slope) is to create a calculated field using the following formula;

asin((Top - Bottom) / (sqrt(Length ^ 2 + (2 * ((Outside Diameter * Length) / 2) / Length) ^ 2))) - asin(Outside Diameter / (sqrt(Length ^ 2 + (2 * ((Outside Diameter * Length) / 2) / Length) ^ 2)))

This formula uses the top elevation, bottom elevation, pipe outside diameter and length to figure the angle of the pipe (top-most corner to bottom-most corner) and then subtracts that from the angle of the pipe to a flat plane level with the bottom most point of the pipe. It could be refined a bit as vertical pipe simply returns an extreme angle, I plan on adding a logical iff to return a set value for vertical pipe and exclude it. You could also create another field identifying a pipe section as horizontal, vertical, or slope. It could also be refined to return a typical slope value instead of an angle if one wished.

Message 7 of 15
casquatch
in reply to: brownbr2VHQE

@brownbr2VHQE - This is beautiful! I added a bit to it on our end to show the value of the slope in length (first half of the slope ratio). I thought this would be more useful for our users to see it this way rather than the angle.

Note: this calculated value must be setup as a Length, where yours required it to be an Angle. 

tan(asin((Top Elevation - Bottom Elevation) / (sqrt(Length ^ 2 + (2 * ((Outside Diameter * Length) / 2) / Length) ^ 2))) - asin(Outside Diameter / (sqrt(Length ^ 2 + (2 * ((Outside Diameter * Length) / 2) / Length) ^ 2))))*12"

So if your angle was 1.19, the value for the length would end up being 1/4", then it's assumed per 12".

Thanks again! Good stuff 🙂 

Message 8 of 15
WheelerCJ
in reply to: casquatch

Thanks for this. It says top and bottom elevation is not a valid schedule field, interested to know how you made this work. 

Message 9 of 15
brownbr2VHQE
in reply to: WheelerCJ

I think he added the "elevation" for clarity. The field/parameter is simply "Top" and "Bottom" in a MEP Pipework Schedule.

Message 10 of 15
casquatch

No, I actually pulled those direct from the pre-defined schedule fields for the formula. I'm wondering if it's a version issue and things have changed? I was in 2022, are you in a previous version?

Message 11 of 15
brownbr2VHQE

I was probably in '20 when I initially posted that, however I happen to have '22 open right now and I just checked and I still show "Top" and "Bottom" in my '22 for a MEP Pipework schedule so very interesting yours is different.
Message 12 of 15
casquatch

Yes. Odd indeed. I wondered the same thing when I saw the initial formula, but just assumed it was an older version.

Here's a snip of things in action on my system. This is in Revit 2022.1.3

casquatch_0-1676471155930.png

Message 13 of 15
brownbr2VHQE

So yeah that is why, yours is a Pipe Schedule, we work with Fabrication Parts so mine is a MEP Fabrication Pipework schedule. It is nice to know it can work for either though with that minor change. I am guessing maybe WheelerCJ is in Fabrication as well and hopefully he see this and can make that adjustment. Thank you by the way for improving the original, I got sidetracked and never improved upon my version after the initial post.
Message 14 of 15
casquatch

Fab parts was another thought I just had too, I figured you would pick up on that if it was the case.

No problem, glad it does work for either! ...and that is just like Autodesk to have different naming for basically the same thing 😉 

Message 15 of 15
ASOL89GEY

Nevermind...found the error 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators