Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Weather station Data

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dvallejoX32KH
455 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Weather station Data

Hello, i'm doing some test for energy analisys, but the temperatures from the weather station near the test project location aren't right (weather station 936763) i know it beacuse i live where the station is. is there a way to uplodad corrected data to the autodesk server? I tried to manually update the weather tab, but the energy anlisys doesnt run with that option. Any other ideas? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi, we're sorry to hear that you're encountering an issue. In order to help you resolve this, could you please let us know what is the site/location that you are checking, so that we can check the data?
Also, which of the following processes are you using the weather data for?
(a) standard heating/cooling loads calculations
(b) more recently added systems analysis (annual sim or system sizing)
(c) Insight energy optimization on the cloud
We need to establish the form of the analysis and the location in order to access the right data, and help you in the right way. Thanks!

Message 3 of 8

Hello Pete,
The station is the #936763, Medellin, Colombia (Internet Mapping Service)
I'm working with standard heating and cooling calculations and Insight energy optimization
I have an epw file from the local airport if is of any need.
Thanks
Daniel V.
Message 4 of 8

Hi Daniel,
We can review the weather data for that location - thanks.
Could you let us know the source of your epw data and if it has design-day information in please?
We could then access the data, check it and potentially update it data licensing allows.
Thanks, Pete
Message 5 of 8

Hello Pete
The webpage I download the epw is this:
http://climate.onebuilding.org/WMO_Region_3_South_America/COL_Colombia/index.html
COL_ANT_Medellin-Olaya.Herrera.AP.801100_TMYx.zip
Thanks
Daniel V.

Message 6 of 8

Great - thanks.
We do use the OneBuilding data, amongst other sets, so we'll check to see if the file that's being accessed is the correct one.
Pete
Message 7 of 8

Note that the standard heating & cooling loads calculations do not use the OneBuilding data, but a slightly older set.

In addition, there are (currently) two ways of carrying out the sizing operations:
(a) long-established heating & cooling loads which uses slightly older data – I think this is what you’re using now.
(b) newer systems analysis sizing process (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...) which should use the OneBuilding data.
We are looking to consolidate this to a single process which will use just the .epw data, but there are these different options at the moment.

Could you see if you experience the same issue if you try the sizing with the newer process? This will ultimately replace the older calculation because it uses the .epw data and EnergyPlus as the engine.

Message 8 of 8

When I use the system analysis tool, it uses this station Rionegro Cordova Intl AP ANT COL ISD-TMYx WMO#=801120, wich is an international airport about 20 km from the city, but its altitude its 2.142 mts and the altitude of Medellin in 1495 mt, so the weather data don't work for simulations on the city.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report