Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit System Analysis Region Limitation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
edwin.prakoso
904 Views, 8 Replies

Revit System Analysis Region Limitation

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if there's a limitation for Revit System Analysis. Is it only available for a certain region? It seems that it works if I analyze model in the US, but not in my country.

Thank you

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
eric_grey
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

Hi Edwin,

Systems Analysis should work for all regions.  Could you let me know what location is failing?  Also, what message is posted when the analysis fails?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 9
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: eric_grey

I apologize for the late reply @eric_grey 

I just got the chance to try it again now.

This is what I see when I chose Jakarta, Indonesia. I tried to change to other locations in Indonesia, also doesn't work.

id location analysis.png

After I changed the location to any city in USA, it works. I don't change anything else, just the location.

san fransisco analysis.png

Any ideas what's wrong?

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
eric_grey

Hi Edwin,

I tried running an analysis with the architectural sample model and the location set to the default weather station for Jakarta.  It ran successfully as seen in the image below.  

Could you try running with the US location, then switching to Jakarta?  You may need to recreate the analytical model after changing the location if it's not too large of a model.  

Also, are you using the default weather station in central Jakarta or another that's closer to the actual location?  There may be an issue with one of the weather stations.  You may want to try another that is close by.

Location.PNG

Let me know how this goes.  If this doesn't work, we can look at the logs.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 5 of 9
edwin.prakoso

Hi @eric_grey 

Don't worry, I use a small sample model for this troubleshooting so it doesn't take a long time.

I tried to change the location and weather station the same as you show in the screenshot. I also tried to use a different weather station, but the problem persist.

Is stdout-energyplus the log file? I attached the log file if you want to review it.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
eric_grey

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for attaching that file.  That should help, I'll have a developer take a look at it tomorrow.

In the meantime, could you attach a zip of the temporary run folder?  To find it, type %temp% into the address bar in Windows Explorer.  Then open the latest subfolder assuming you just ran an analysis.  Inside that is the run folder for the analysis.  It will have the same name as the analysis workflow you selected.

Here is an example of where I found the folder after running an annual simulation:

TempFolder.PNG

This should contain what we need if the stdout-energyplus file doesn't have it.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 7 of 9
edwin.prakoso

Hi Eric,

Attached is the zip file.

Thanks in Advance!

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
eric_grey

Hi Edwin, thanks for those files.  We found the issue and it should be a simple fix on your end.

If you look at the report after running an annual simulation, you will see the below table.  It shows that the setpoint for the peak heating load is 21.11 degrees (yours may be different), but the outdoor air temperature at peak load is only 23.8 degrees, therefore heating is not needed.  When Energy Plus tries to size your hot water loop, this causes the error.  

Heating.PNG

To fix this, set the Heating Coil to <None> in your VAV zone equipment and in your air system.  It should run a successful analysis after making those changes.  Please let me know how it goes.

We are planning to add better error handling for this feature.  This is a great case for that.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 9 of 9
edwin.prakoso

Thank you very much @eric_grey !

Yes, after setting the heating coil to <none> it works perfectly.

Thank you for checking this out.

Cheers.

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report