Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit for Industrial Piping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1234 Views, 4 Replies

Revit for Industrial Piping

Hello Word...

We are an industrial piping contractor currently using Plant 3D.  On the industrial side, we generally live in a spec driven world relying on p&id's & single line isometric drawings.  Those of you who have experience with P3D know that it checks all of those requirements.

Rumors are constantly circulating that P3D has an end-of-life date that will be soon approaching.  That being said, is there anyone out there using Revit in an industrial piping environment that can shed some light on it's capabilities?

I appreciate any responses and feedback.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pkolarik
in reply to: Anonymous

Despite using Revit from time to time on our water/wastewater projects, we still do our P&ID's in autocad. While we don't do isometrics ourselves, our plumbing group does and they're very dissatisfied with Revit's "default" method of displaying isometrics from the piping model. (even to the point of doing smaller, simpler isometrics "by hand" in autocad and linking them into Revit.....)

Message 3 of 5
robert.klempau

Hello @Anonymous ,

I think there will be AutoCAD P&ID for a very long time. AutoCAD P&ID is embedded in so many company processes. Therefore it doesn't seem logical to me that Autodesk will stop supporting AutoCAD P&ID.

Autodesk has made the P&ID link in Revit a number of versions ago.

As long as there is no good alternative to AutoCAD P&ID or P&ID functionality in Revit that is comparable to AutoCAD P&ID, in my opinion, AutoCAD P&ID will be maintained by Autodesk.

For the P&ID Modeler for Revit see this link and especially the videos in it.

especially watch videos 1 and 3.

With a good industry Piping family library, I think Revit is a great program to model these industry Piping systems.

See also this link about Revit vs Plant3D

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: robert.klempau

Thank you for the information.  It is appreciated.  I am trying to access the video link at the end but it will not load.  Is there another link to the David Manning video describing Revit vs Plant 3D?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
robert.klempau

Hello @Anonymous ,

I noticed that the link isn't working. 🤔

I will try to contact the Author.

hopefully, they have a working link somewhere.

in the meantime have a look at:

Autodesk University items About Revit vs Plant 3D 

and:

in-the-pipes 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report