Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Families - Brackets, Hangers and Unistrut

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Michael.Adamides
2979 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Families - Brackets, Hangers and Unistrut

Hey all,

Just currently working on a job that needs multiple services supported in key areas, unfortunately the job isn't using Fabrication parts so there isn't any standard hangers, brackets or Unistrut to use. Does anyone have or know where I might be able to find the families for these that I can pick up?    

Cheers. 

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@Michael.Adamides  please refer to 

https://mep.trimble.com

there are many hanger families

Please, if this solved your issue, marked as an answer to help others.:)

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button.

src="https://autodesk.widen.net/content/fbz0l2onhe/png/autodesk-expert-elite-forum-signature-logo.png" >
Mahmoud Zeidan
BIM Manager/Mechanical Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Michael.Adamides

Trimble Sysque has some very nice hanger placement options and all content is .RFA instead of ITM content. If you are placing hangers or doing duct/pipe fab often, it'd definitely worth the investment.

Only caveat is the hangers are all set to the 'Piping Accessories' category so you would need to set worksets for your hangers or create duplicate families with the category changed per hanger type.

Message 4 of 4

Sysque is not as nice as I would hope plus it is very expensive.  They overload the families with about 100 overly complex params IMO.  There are many aspects it misses out on like lateral unistrut or allthread rod which is what I am trying to build now.

I am working on a family now for unistrut that requires it to be angled as well as nuts and washers.  I want to use it as a separate family and host it into a family that will host all the product in that group.  I have worked this in many ways but have not come up with anything good yet if anyone can help.

My unistrut was created using an adaptive family but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong with it to make it not be hosted within a family so I can combine many objects to make it look like this detail.  The goal is to have racks that are 5' apart and every 20' shall be supported on one side or the other, so I want to create two lateral supports that can be switched off or on every 20'.

Can anyone please look at this family and give some advice on how get it to angles of 20, 30, 45 degress when I insert in another family and this will follow other components like screws and washers too?  I just want to host them to a plain and lock it in a group.

The attached image is a final result of what I would hope.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators