Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Export to Navis Missing Elements

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
m.latham
3398 Views, 9 Replies

Revit Export to Navis Missing Elements

Hello,

I am currently trying to export our revit model to Navis NWC.

Every works fine apart from one thing.

The Navis model is missing parts of the structural framing but is shown within Revit.

Any ideas ?

thank you in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: m.latham

Hello @m.latham

Try to use this settings during exporting to Naviswork.

Hope it helps.

image 13.png

Message 3 of 10
m.latham
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Thank you for the quick reply.

I have just tried that and still missing the elements that are visible in revit.

also i am only trying to export all the linked in files(architect & structural models). But when i try loading the linked revit files in to navis individually they do not line up as they do in my revit file.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

what are those elements missing during export?

Message 5 of 10
m.latham

Structural Framing (Primary)

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

That's strange. We had a problem once but those element are adaptive elements or components.

Message 7 of 10
m.latham

It has to be some sort of filter some where along the lines i have just opened the structural model by its self and exported it just fine. thank you for your help i will keep playing around till i figure this out.

Message 8 of 10
fabiosato

Hello,

If you set the same coordinate system among all linked files, you can export all of them, selecting Shared coordinates option.

When you append all files in Navis they will be in the right place.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
scott_dakin

I have had something similar with elements hosted to curved walls, when I open the RVT file in Navisworks the elements cease to exist and no warnings are given.

This is the same with 3rd parties linking my model into their central model. They didn't believe the elements were there until I sent them my central model as Detaching the model does the same thing.

Message 10 of 10
m.latham

found out software needed updating should of been the first thing to think of ops.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators