Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding certain objects from a Linked file

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jlambert
529 Views, 10 Replies

Hiding certain objects from a Linked file

Ok not sure I am in the right forum but I will ask anyway. I am doing a set of Contract drawings and I am using C4R to add the ARCH, MECH, and STL files in to my model. My question is I want to hide the horizontal steel beams but still see the columns. is there away to filter or hide what I do not want to see for the contract drawings. I did try to go in and turn off structural framing in mt model but it turns of all the structure they model all the steel in structural framing instead of separating .

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
novesvalentin
in reply to: jlambert

Did you try assigning an specific value in a parameter to all beams in the structural model and the using a filter in your model?

If this helped solve your problem please mark it as solution, so other users can get this solutions as well.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com
Message 3 of 11
jlambert
in reply to: novesvalentin

well I haven't because it is not my model it is someone else's  that I have linked to mine using C4R. I was trying to find a work around without going into there model.

Message 4 of 11
RobDraw

Communicating with the structural guys might help. They may even welcome some input as to how people like to use their model.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 11
m.voss.alvine
in reply to: RobDraw

You can use filters on either the family name or type name.  I do this all the time on linked architectural drawings.  if you need help with the filter, send me a screenshot of the linked family properties.

Revit MEP 2015 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional

remember to 'accept as solution' if this helped
Message 6 of 11
ToanDN

Capture.PNG

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
stever66

I assign shortcut keys "HC" for hide category, and "HE" for hide element.  Then I just tab-select a beam and try "HC" to hide that category. 

If that turns off columns you want to see, you can undo, and then tab-select the beams one at a time and hide the elements individually by typing HE. 

That works pretty well if its a smaller building.  With a little practice, its pretty easy to tab -cntrl - select and get 5 or 6 elements at once before hitting HE. 

Message 8 of 11
jlambert

Hey sorry been busy through the weekend I am going to read and try some things I saw on here I am guessing might need to contact the Steel modeler.

Message 9 of 11
jlambert
in reply to: ToanDN

I did that but when they modeled the steel they modeled everything in framing instead of columns in columns and the structural beams in framing.

Message 10 of 11
jlambert

OK so I have attached the type properties of what I am trying to hide. I made a filter to try to hide but it didn't work. I have noticed that everything is grayed out.

Message 11 of 11
jlambert
in reply to: stever66

This seems to work just time consuming because I can't use categories.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators