Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2022 NWC Export Color and Material Errors on Pipes

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Uriga
1506 Views, 12 Replies

Revit 2022 NWC Export Color and Material Errors on Pipes

I've only had this issue since switching to Revit 2022. The error occurs across multiple projects. The error occurs across multiple users in the department. The error occurs when I was still using Navisworks Manage 2020 and since updating to Navisworks Manage 2022 (hoping that might fix it). I am using Revit 2022.1.

In our piping systems, we use Materials with appropriate colors to identify various services at a glance. The materials are so the colors are visible in Revit 3D views but also they carry over to NWC shades.

Since switching to Revit 2022, I am getting an error where Pipe Fittings will be given inappropriate colors compared to the Pipe System. The Pipes themselves seem to come in fine. Also note that this only happens in certain instances. Some of the fittings are the correct colors. Also the colors can potentially change from one export to another.

I do understand that this issue is aesthetic in nature only. It does not impede the coordination or clashing process. It does, however look like a tootie-frootie clown show. Please see attached.

REVIT.pngNAVIS.pngNAVIS SETTINGS.png
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
bbeckert
in reply to: Uriga

I am noticing the same problem. Its actually assigning random Systems that arent associated with the element at all in Revit. If you set your Selection Resolution To Geometry, you'll notice the element thats a different color is actually on a totally different pipe system (you'll also notice it when you dig down the selection tree on that element).

Navis By Geometry:

bbeckert_0-1649768248549.png

Navis by First Object:

bbeckert_2-1649768343676.png

Revit:

bbeckert_1-1649768282975.png

Message 3 of 13
Uriga
in reply to: bbeckert

At least it's not just me . . .

Message 4 of 13
bbeckert

I just opened in Navis 2022 and its showing the same thing. Not sure if you tried 2022 also? Its like there are wires crossed or something behind the scenes when exporting lol.

Message 5 of 13
Uriga
in reply to: bbeckert

No issues when exporting Revit 2020 projects.

Issues when exporting Revit 2022 projects, using Navis 2020 exporter as well as Navis 2022 exporter.

Issues when viewing the NWC in Navis 2020 and Navis 2022.

I believe the issue to be inside of Revit 2022 and not the exporters.

I have had issues with piping services/materials that were from an upgraded 2020 Revit Template as well as piping services/materials that were created fresh in Revit 2022 so I do not believe it to be an upgrading issue.

Message 6 of 13
zs.garai

Hi

I have the same problem with duct systems. By exporting an IFC or NWC from Revit 2022, there is a wrong material written in the properties in many elements of the system.

zsgarai_0-1658928238689.png

Message 7 of 13
L.Maas
in reply to: zs.garai

Revit and Materials in combination with IFC is oftenproblematic. It has to do with complexities on the side of Revit and on the side of IFC.

In Navisworks I use the appearance profiler to colour my systems. Once setup for your projects it is easy to reapply in different projects. The advantage is that it gives me immediately a first check on my Revit model

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 8 of 13

Hello, 

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Message 9 of 13

No I did not. My models all look like **** now and I just keep apologizing to the customer/team.

Message 10 of 13
zs.garai
in reply to: L.Maas

Well, it is not an IFC problematic. We use colured materials, not real materials, so we dont need to use so many view filters. By exporting from Revit 2022 some elements use the material von an complete other System Type, it is really crazy!! Without any logic are some element right, some are not. That´s not happend in  Revit 2019. See the Screenshot. And that is an NWC!!

zsgarai_0-1661165078600.png

Message 11 of 13
Uriga
in reply to: zs.garai

Yes! No rhyme or reason, no detectable pattern. It's very ugly and I hate it.

Message 12 of 13
jmollyhorn

Autodesk...Has this issue been resolved??? 

This is extremely annoying because we really need to use Revit 2022  for a Navisworks coordination project .

Message 13 of 13

Hi ! I resolved this issues by installing the lastest update of Navisworks NWC Export Utility. Follow my link bellow and choose the version according to your Revit version. 

Navisworks NWC Export Utility 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators