Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with import CAD and explode (disappear object)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
marco.defina
1802 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with import CAD and explode (disappear object)

Hello, i have a problem with insert CAD in a family.

In the video below it can see: if i explode the element in 1 scale work fine, if i scale after i explode i loose some pieces.

If i scale in autocad and then i import happens the same thing. If as Revit can see little pieces.

It's a solution? for exaple scale after explode? (but don't work)

1.gif

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: marco.defina

Unfortunately, it is like the case that those elements are too small and complex for Revit to create them; Revit is not very compatible with tiny, detailed objects. Perhaps the solution is to find a way to avoid the need to explode it? There's not much I can give in the way of advice, here, sorry to say.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
marco.defina
in reply to: CoreyDaun

If i don't explode i cannot set a material to the component...exist any different way to make this?

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 4 of 7
fabiosato

Hello Marco,

Just as a reference 0.8mm is the minimum length revit can handle for a line.

Maybe using the AutoCAD you can create solid to represent the item you need.

But remember not to try to model very tiny pieces.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
marco.defina
in reply to: fabiosato

Ok i will modify the file with autoCad and.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
fabiosato

Hello Marco,

Just one question, this level of detail is absolutelly necessary? If not, you could try to simplify it.

If you need this level of detail using Inventor will be an option.

Another option for modeling is to use the 3D CAD as reference and you create the solids on Revit.

In the family editor, when you import a CAD file, you increase the file size with some items, for example, Line types, I recommned you to clean them before using in a project.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
marco.defina
in reply to: fabiosato

@fabiosato wrote:

Hello Marco,

Just one question, this level of detail is absolutelly necessary? If not, you could try to simplify it.

If you need this level of detail using Inventor will be an option.

Another option for modeling is to use the 3D CAD as reference and you create the solids on Revit.

In the family editor, when you import a CAD file, you increase the file size with some items, for example, Line types, I recommned you to clean them before using in a project.

It's not necessary but is fast, i take the model from the productor website and I import (i cannot everytime remake al solid of every equipment). Here i have no inventor installed to reduce the detail.

Yes i clean everytime, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report