Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing air terminals in the vertical position

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ehsan.ahmadian
576 Views, 8 Replies

Placing air terminals in the vertical position

Hi,

I have been trying to place my air terminals of the HVAC system in the vertical direction but never succeeded! The software always places the diffusers in horizontal direction. I also could not find a way to rotate them around x or y axis to make them vertical. So, they are always facing the ground, which is not appropriate for my design.

Can anybody please advise me with a solution?

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: ehsan.ahmadian

The solution is going to depend on your content and what the diffuser is mounted to.

Please describe the application and share the family. 

Alternatively, you could just get the right diffuser for your application. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 9
ehsan.ahmadian
in reply to: RobDraw

I use the simple M_supply_ Diffuser from the connector family. The point is that I am not mounting the diffuser on anything. I am just sketching the HVAC system of our university building in Revit in order to simulate ts pressure drops along the system. So, the building itself is excluded and we only need the ductworks and relevant equipment. 

Do you have any solution for this purpose?

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN

Create vertical ref plane to host the family.

Message 5 of 9
dyp4f

I am using the family "Supply Diffuser - Sidewall.rfa" , and I can place it everywhere, in vertical position.

It doesn't require a wall, nor a reference plane.

Message 6 of 9
iainsavage
in reply to: dyp4f

Most air terminals are face hosted so need a face or plane to attach to.

The sidewall diffuser is probably using the the building level as its plane and then with a vertical offset/elevation value. In the family the orientation of the geometry is probably different i.e. standing up from the family’s reference plane rather than lying flat on the plane.

Message 7 of 9

Hello @ehsan.ahmadian,

Open the family and set Work Plane-Based on.

Then load it back into your project and use Edit Work Plane to place it on another vertical Workplane.

robertklempau_0-1658987674944.png

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Message 8 of 9
ehsan.ahmadian
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for your advice

Message 9 of 9

@ToanDN @robert.klempau @iainsavage @dyp4f @RobDraw 

Thank you very much for your advice.

I also surprisingly found a very easy solution! When I click on the 'Air Terminal' button to choose one, another option gets available in Revit, which is 'Air Terminal on Duct'. If I press this, the diffuser automatically get the direction of the desired duct and sticks to it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report