Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Electrical Circuit Numbering Update

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marc.chapman
702 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple Electrical Circuit Numbering Update

I am modeling our existing facility and inserting 100's of receptacles and want the circuits to be numbered as they are on site. I know I can move each one individually in the schedules but this is way too tedious. I would prefer to either type their circuit numbers in the schedule or properties table or even better use Dynamo.

With the latter option, I have created a Dynamo script that would pull the data to an excel file, let me do the numbering in that sheet and then take those values and write them back to the circuit number parameter. However, it appears the circuit number is read only and won't let Dynamo write these values.

Can anyone suggest an efficient way to manage this exercise? Thanks

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fabiosato
in reply to: marc.chapman

Hello,

Unfortunatelly, AFAIK there is no option.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
pteague
in reply to: marc.chapman

The most efficient way I can think of to accomplish this is to circuit the receptacles in order as they are in the as-built.  Insert all the receptacles without circuiting, first.  Then go through and create the circuits following the pattern of the as-builts.  This will create the circuits in the correct location in the panel as you go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators