Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup table inconsistent units

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DJSCRIPTS
2651 Views, 4 Replies

Lookup table inconsistent units

hello, I am trying to follow the formula I got from a youtube video in the the picture attached and circled. I did everything as he shows like this, but i am getting the error message "Inconsistent Units" when I try to do it. I am attaching my revit family, it has two csv files in it. I want the value in column A to be returned as text but I cant seem to figure it out and its driving me nuts. It looks like it should be so simple!

the formula I was using was in the WALL OPENING DIMENSIONS parameter and was: size_lookup(Lookup Table Name, "", "", ROUGH_IN KIT)

what in the world am I doing wrong? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
talalaevd
in reply to: DJSCRIPTS

Дмитрий Талалаев
Эксперт BIM2B
Блог
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
DJSCRIPTS
in reply to: talalaevd

Hello, and thank you for your response but it didnt directly answer my question, because the boolean parameter should be able to drive the text selection. I discovered that this formula below should work if I changed the header in the lookup table from RIN##OTHER## to RIN##OTHER##NUMBER

size_lookup(LookupTableName1, "", "", if(ROUGH_IN KIT, 1, 0))

but it does not and I dont know why because it should be sending a number to the lookup table, and looking up a number in that lookup table. However, for whatever reason it does not. Regardless, using some help from you, I discovered a work around by sending text to the lookup table, which I dont understand, but it works:

size_lookup(LookupTableName1, "", "", if(ROUGH_IN KIT, "1", "0"))

So hopefully this helps someone out there, and if any one can explain why exactly, feel free to chime in. thanks!

Message 4 of 5
talalaevd
in reply to: DJSCRIPTS

Beware since 18 Revit ##OTHER##NUMBER is the same ##OTHER## and ##OTHER##SOMEVALUE and it has text value. And for numer values right format is ##NUMBER##GENERAL!

Дмитрий Талалаев
Эксперт BIM2B
Блог
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5
jmcdonell64
in reply to: talalaevd

Thank you. I think you solved my issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report