Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting and Spaces

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
417 Views, 4 Replies

Lighting and Spaces

I have Copy Monitored the Architectural Lighting Fixtures into my Local File and created the spaces for the model as well. My spaces wont recognize the Pendant Downlights even though they are inside the space, not sure if this even matters but, I have area and volume calculation on for the space calculations and Run calc for loads in spaces is also checked on. see attached pictures

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hmunsell
in reply to: Anonymous

maybe a dumb questions... but are you sure the lights you copy monitored actually have a light source?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hmunsell

I don't think there are too many dumb questions with revit haha.. My light source was on and connected, however the room calculation point was not checked on. Along with this the Room Bounding point on the actual geometry of the family had to be moved underneath the ceiling my family is based on. See Attached Photos

This Seems to be a unique solution for the Family. My other lighting fixtures which are not ceiling based and without the Room Calculation Point on they schedule properly. Not sure if I'm understanding what I did 100% but it worked and my counts are correct as well.

Message 4 of 5
hmunsell
in reply to: Anonymous

The Calculation Point would do it....

That's Ok, I misunderstood your question anyway LOL. i thought you were referring to Lighting Calculations. missed the point about the actual light not showing in the schedule. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hmunsell

Looks like my question got lost in the parameters I added to find a quicker solution, but you somehow pointed my to the button right next to what I needed. Appreciate the Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators