Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Insight energy analysis valid for LEED v4?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ryamamotoFK5S5
346 Views, 3 Replies

Is Insight energy analysis valid for LEED v4?

I am looking for a BIM analysis tool that can be used for LEED v4 energy modeling.

LEED requires simulations to comply with Appendix G 2.2 of ASHRAE 90.1 2010, can Insight perform the analysis to this standard?

A similar question was raised on this forum in 2017, but the answer at that time was that Insight was not strictly Appendix G compliant.
What is the current status?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: ryamamotoFK5S5

My understanding is aspects of Insite can be used t validate LEED, but InSight in and of itself is not. 

https://www.usgbc.org/resources/autodesk-apps-leed-automation

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ryamamotoFK5S5
in reply to: hmunsell

Thank you for your answer. Does this mean that Insight can be used for LEED energy modeling studies, but that another simulation software must be used to prepare formal LEED submittals?

Message 4 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: ryamamotoFK5S5

I don't believe Insight will print a report that you can directly submit.  But the analysis results from Insight (images, Charts, totals, etc...) can be used to validate your LEED submission. One of my Architects told me they used images and charts from Insight as part of there submission.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators