Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC lines

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
LFBIMMAN
123 Views, 1 Reply

IFC lines

Hi All, 

I have been struggling to work out how to hide some geometry type lines but I cant seem to figure it out. they appear when linking in an IFC or Revit format from another software.  I will split the lines in to different categories for the sake of this post . 

Walls

These wall lines appear on certain views but not all which makes me think its something to do with my view templates but I cant seem to figure out exactly what it is. I want to keep them hidden and just show the outline of the wall. 

lukefoley_0-1658237705877.png

Fittings

These lines appear on all views and look like mesh lines? is there a way to minimize these or get rid of them completely?

lukefoley_1-1658237833180.pnglukefoley_2-1658237842595.png

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fabiosato
in reply to: LFBIMMAN

Hello,

In IFC 2x3, the complex geometries are created with meshes, and when brought to Revit, it does not smooths the surface, generating all those lines.

In later Revit versions, you may be able to hide some of these lines in some categories.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report