Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Background Processes?

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
Anonymous
55910 Views, 69 Replies

How to stop Background Processes?

Im working on a MEP model with HVAC services and I was working away and tried to save it but a message popped up and saying 'cannot save this document because duct systems are calculating' Ive found the background processes icon on the status bar to monitor them but cannot cancel them or stop them so I can save my work. very frustrating as its been doing this for over 3 hours now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

69 REPLIES 69
Message 2 of 70
Matt__W
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, @Anonymous.Erskine You can try disabling the calculations by navigating to DUCT SYSTEMS > DUCT SYSTEM > and select a system and change its calculation option to OFF (or whichever option suits you best). You'll have to do this for each system

Untitled.png

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 70
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you tried to disable the calculations ?

Click on one of your ducts, go to system, change type and set the calculation to "none"

Regards,

GM

Message 4 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: Matt__W

Thanks @Matt__W  @Anonymous

I managed to do as you suggested but the background processes were still running even though the system browser and type properties both showed that my calculations were turned off, I ended up just closing out of revit and restarting it and that seemed to work.

Thanks again

Ryan

Message 5 of 70
Matt__W

@Anonymous Great to hear! Would you mind marking this topic as solved, just so others who may have the same issue in the future can quickly find a solution?

Thanks! And I'm glad we were able to help you.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 6 of 70
fabiosato
in reply to: Matt__W

Hello,

Setting to performance instead of none will actually disable all calculations, none keep doing some calcs.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 70
cyril

Hello @Anonymous.

The answer posted by @Matt__W didn't solve your problem. Please don't mark it as solution and even the subject as solved as you didn't manage to stop background processes but only whole Revit Process.

This question is good and need a real answer. Please leave it open until we get a real answer. @fabiosato solution unfortunately didn't solve it neither in my case.

Update : I wasn't able to save or synchronise manually but somehow it manages to (auto)save after the defined time interval and synchronise when I ask Revit to close. @Anonymous was is the same for you ? If yes, your answer (what you did) is probably actually the best solution to not lose your work.

Message 8 of 70
e.gurrola
in reply to: cyril

I had the same problem. I was able to save the drawing by going to the file menu and selecting the close option to close the model. This gave me the option to save and sync with central. Stopped the background process instantly. 

Message 9 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: e.gurrola

File then close was the only thing that worked for me to get out of the background calculations, too.

All my systems duct and pipe are set to "None". Switching to Performance did not help.

I was only able to sync to central. My local copy was not saved.

Thanks for this suggestion!

Message 10 of 70
info

Kill Revitworker precess (task manager)

Message 11 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: info

had the same problem and info's solution worked for me 

thanks

Message 12 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: info

This is what worked for me ^^^^^^^^^^

Message 13 of 70
Anonymous

Just encountered the same type of problem while editing Ducting and pipings for a Kuwaiti client. Didn't noticed the solution by info, but tried the same process by killing (Fingers crossed) the RevitWorker.exe in Windows Task Manager and it worked. Just now noticed that the solution was already provided by info. Thanks. Kudos.

Message 14 of 70
bbirge

None of the solutions worked for Revit 2018.

Message 15 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: bbirge

For me, it worked in Revit 2018.

Message 16 of 70

Hello.

My solution: I searched revitwork.exe and started it. Afterwards I went back to the drawing and magically it didn't give me any more error.

Message 17 of 70

Hi. I can't find revitwork.exe for Revit 2020.1 and can't stop background process.

Message 18 of 70

Hi.
I work with revit 2019. In my case the file is located here: C:\Program
Files\Autodesk\Revit 2019
Message 19 of 70

Ehm... Sorry. The correct file name is RevitWorker.exe.

Message 20 of 70
J_Lorenc
in reply to: YarUnderoaker

I found in 2020.1 process RevitWorker.exe, but after killing it, main Revit froze completely and must kill it without saving.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators