Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule and tag CFH

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
520 Views, 2 Replies

How to schedule and tag CFH

Hi everyone. I'm making a gas fired water heater family and am currently adding shared parameter for scheduling and tagging. I want to add parameters to the water heater and also our shared parameter text file for Heat Input in BTU/hr and also cubic feet/hr (CFH). I've been able to add the BTU parameter, however I am having trouble adding the CFH parameter. I've also tried just using a formula of dividing the BTH/hr by 1000, but I get a message saying inconsistent units. Does anyone know a way to add the CFH parameter? I'd not only like to use it water heater and RTU families, but I'd like to see if I can also use it in a pipe tag. Someone please help. haha. Thanks everyone.
-Derek-
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When you create the parameters, what Discipline and Type are you using for them? For example if you are dividing a Piping/Flow by 1000 then the result will be a Piping/Flow not a Common/Number
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The BTU/hr parameter I have made a "input heat" parameter using the HVAC discipline and the type is "heating load". to obtain the CFH number, one of the things I've tried is make a common discipline parameter type "integer". then in the formula section i input "Input Heat/1000". what ends up happening is very odd. in the formula box, the 1000 changes to 1000 VA which results in 21 as my asnwer to the formula. I don't know why is changes to VA automatically.

I guess the easiest way to accomplish this would be to just have a text parameter and type in XX CFH. I just figured there was more automated way to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report