Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule and tag CFH

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
529 Views, 2 Replies

How to schedule and tag CFH

Hi everyone. I'm making a gas fired water heater family and am currently adding shared parameter for scheduling and tagging. I want to add parameters to the water heater and also our shared parameter text file for Heat Input in BTU/hr and also cubic feet/hr (CFH). I've been able to add the BTU parameter, however I am having trouble adding the CFH parameter. I've also tried just using a formula of dividing the BTH/hr by 1000, but I get a message saying inconsistent units. Does anyone know a way to add the CFH parameter? I'd not only like to use it water heater and RTU families, but I'd like to see if I can also use it in a pipe tag. Someone please help. haha. Thanks everyone.
-Derek-
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When you create the parameters, what Discipline and Type are you using for them? For example if you are dividing a Piping/Flow by 1000 then the result will be a Piping/Flow not a Common/Number
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The BTU/hr parameter I have made a "input heat" parameter using the HVAC discipline and the type is "heating load". to obtain the CFH number, one of the things I've tried is make a common discipline parameter type "integer". then in the formula section i input "Input Heat/1000". what ends up happening is very odd. in the formula box, the 1000 changes to 1000 VA which results in 21 as my asnwer to the formula. I don't know why is changes to VA automatically.

I guess the easiest way to accomplish this would be to just have a text parameter and type in XX CFH. I just figured there was more automated way to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report