Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read fabrication part hanger rod diameter

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JeffYao28
1258 Views, 5 Replies

How to read fabrication part hanger rod diameter

Dear Support,

The Revit SDK has a FabricationPartLayout sample which is awesome!

Using FabricationPart.HangerRodKit, I can find the name of the type of the rod that is being used (FabricationConfiguration.GetAncillaryName). But how to know the actual diameter of the rod?

Thank you!

Jeff Yao

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nathan.chapman
in reply to: JeffYao28

Currently the rod size is not exposed in the API or really anywhere else.  This is a huge issue for us to.  I find it odd that when I run my reports it sees the sizes but that's the only spot.

Nathan Chapman
Production Manager at General Heating and Air Conditioning

Revit Architecture Certified Professional
Revit MEP Mechanical Certified Professional
Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professional
DynaFabrication Package Author

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDOS button.
Message 3 of 6
Evan.Pond
in reply to: nathan.chapman

Any progress on this?

Message 4 of 6
L-Vettz
in reply to: Evan.Pond

You can use the FabricationAncillaryUsage class to get most hanger diameters. It's not a native property in Revit, but it can be accessed via the API and dynamo.

http://www.revitapidocs.com/2018/e0ef9b2e-d4f2-f1d8-f06e-e2fd8f00bc06.htm

Capture.PNG

-LV
Message 5 of 6
CIPuyleart
in reply to: L-Vettz

I know this topic is old, but I am curious if there is any way to get rod size from a hanger that does NOT have an ancillary kit associated with it.

Case in point - we have have a specific type of hanger (Anvil Fig 69 loop hanger) that has a threaded nut built into the hanger for the rod.  Where the hanger is oversized for insulation, using ancillary kits causes the rod to be sized by the host pipe, not the hanger size, and this causes a mis-match of rod sizes.  We can avoid this issue by simply product listing the "Drop Rod Diameter" option setting, but so far I cannot find any way to read that property.

Message 6 of 6
jorge_maya001
in reply to: L-Vettz

Could this value be replaced with another value?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators