Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with my parameters while making a better version of the Hufcor panel partition family.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wvo1469
353 Views, 5 Replies

Having trouble with my parameters while making a better version of the Hufcor panel partition family.

if(PW > 4' 3", Roundup(1), PW, if (PW < 2', Rounddown(1), PW))

For some reason, this and a few other parameters aren't working or telling me it's a bad if statement. This one is the current pain in my a**. Basically, I'm trying to tell it to add another partition if the partition length goes above 4'-3" and to take one if the length goes under 2'. I've added the project below and would appreciate some help. But I mostly want to know what's wrong with this statement. 

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
denis_borodin
in reply to: wvo1469

Did you read the statement?

Screenshot_43.png

Your formula should consist of three parts, you have four

Denis Borodin, BIM Manager. LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
wvo1469
in reply to: denis_borodin

But it's supposed to be a multiple conditional if statement.

Message 4 of 6
craigjonnson

The problem is using an Integer value that recognises "1" and a Length value that recognises 1'0". 
You need to scrub the units out of the equation by dividing the Length value by 1. 
Dividing PW/1 returns a 1 value that can be used in an Integer formula. Refer to the image below.

craigjonnson_0-1695695030381.png

Message 5 of 6
wvo1469
in reply to: craigjonnson

Now they are separating and they still arent rounding up or down. also, how am I supposed to tell it when it needs to round up or down?

Message 6 of 6
craigjonnson

Your original question was related to the issue with the parameter formula not working, which i have answered for you. As for the family creation, Hufcor are a global brand and have their family content available to download. If its not to your requirements, their content should be easy to pick apart and modify.

EDIT: just noted you said making a better Hufcor Family.

craigjonnson_0-1695855711229.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators