Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch like Lines on pipe fittings

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Robert_Jansen_TBX
2180 Views, 22 Replies

Hatch like Lines on pipe fittings

Hello,

For some strange reason I am having  hatch lines on the pipe fittings.

It is not something that comes from the Family, because all fittings have the same issue.

What could the reason be.

Thank you in advance,

Robert

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Please share image 

BiM BoXiT
Message 3 of 23

Revit Forum Clip1.jpg

Message 4 of 23
RobDraw
in reply to: Robert_Jansen_TBX

Is this for all views or just one?

Have you checked V/G settings and/or object styles?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 23

Hi Rob, As far as I am aware nothing has changed with the V/G and object styles.

When changing the Display style too, for example "hidden line" it is also there.

I just also noticed that it changes along with the scale....

Revit Forum Clip2.jpg

Revit Forum Clip3.jpg

Message 6 of 23
RobDraw
in reply to: Robert_Jansen_TBX

@Robert_Jansen_TBX wrote:

Hi Rob, As far as I am aware

Have you checked?

I think a material might be being applied in the object styles.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 23

Yes, I have checked and nothing stange was found. see screenshots:

Revit Forum Clip4.jpgRevit Forum Clip5.jpgRevit Forum Clip6.jpg

Message 8 of 23

it might be the material assigned to the fittings?

Can you upload the model for us to look at?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 23
hmunsell
in reply to: hmunsell

Check your View Filters..... (VG > Filters tab)

• in your views, the hatch is being applied to different Fitting Types and in different view Visual Styles.
  • it is also scaling which implies its a Drafting Pattern.

When I was playing in my testing file the only thing that effected all those things was a View Filter that was set to filter Pipe Fittings.

Capture 3.JPG

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 23

There are no filters applied. I can remove them when creating a filter, but then the fittings change color to another then the material color. 

Message 11 of 23

@hmunsell Here is my test project.

Message 12 of 23

If i bring in a pipe fitting family from one of my models, as soon as the fitting is placed it gets the same fill pattern.

• which tells me is is somthing that is being applied/overwritten by category somewhere in your model

When I set the system color scheme for pipes to None, or change the category the fill legend is using (i.e. from System Type to System Name) the fill pattern is not there.

• which tells me it is related to do the system type being assigned. 

When I apply the Out-of-the-Box Mechanical view template it does not correct it either.

• So it appears to be somthing that the View Template doesn't directly control. 

I'll play with it more later this morning when I have some time, unless someone else figures it out before then :-).

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Message 13 of 23

Many thanks in advance !!!

Message 14 of 23

I think I found something, I removed the view template and created a new floorplan view, and now it is back to normal.

So I created a new view template, and it is working properly again. Still I don't have a clue what happends, that's a bit frustrating.... 

Message 15 of 23

I have added various system color schemes for the piping, when including these color schemes in the view template the lines are back. So is must be something with the color schemes.

Message 16 of 23

interesting... when i tried a different VT's the hatching still appeared.  that's why i said earlier...

When I apply the Out-of-the-Box Mechanical view template it does not correct it either.

• So it appears to be somthing that the View Template doesn't directly control.

When I made a new view with no template, i did notice the hatching wasn't there. but i was too focused on trying to figure out why it was there LOL. you'll also notice its not there in a 3D view. which kept pointing me to the Color scheme settings since you cant assign a Color scheme/legend to a 3D view.

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Message 17 of 23

When changing the highlighter fill width and setting the switch to contour fill hiogher then the diameter this happens.... So it looks like the hatch is responding the same way a color fill does. Seems strange because to my limited knowledge there is no scheme that controls this.

Revit Forum Clip7.jpg

Revit Forum Clip8.jpg

  

Message 18 of 23

Did you check for unwanted filters?  View template?  

Message 19 of 23

There are no filters in the view template

Message 20 of 23

Hey,

If you copy the fitting to another file, it also maintains that hatch? I would do this test, just to know if the problem has some relation with the view, the template or some file configuration. 

Github:
https://github.com/franpossetto

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators