Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Types created within Revit 2024 not showing up in Family Editor type selector?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
xavierthardy
436 Views, 2 Replies

Family Types created within Revit 2024 not showing up in Family Editor type selector?

Hi all, apologies if this is a silly question. I've been scouring the forums but haven't found any solutions online. 

I have an issue with family types not showing up in the family editor. When I create new types for a family by duplicating an existing type within Revit I can clearly see the newly created type in the Properties Panel and they work fine (see pic #1 "BOX FIXTURES" family I created with various types "LAVATORY", "SHOWER", "URINAL" etc showing up fine). However when I open the family up in the family editor these new types do not show up under the type selector. See pic #2 where only one type "LAVATORY"  is displayed and able to be selected.  

I've been scratching my head and have tried reloading family, saving and restarting Revit without success. Types created within the family editor show up in the type selector, the issue only happens for those types generated from within Revit. 

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: xavierthardy

If you create new family types for a family inside the project, it does not change the loadable family on your harddrive/network. So if you load the family from your harddrive it will only have the type(s) that were originally there.

If, from the project, you select edit family it will open the family in the family editor with the different family types.
HOWEVER, if the family is already open (with the single family type) and you select edit family inside the project it will just switch over to that open family (with the single type). In that case close the open family and repeat the process.
When editing family from a project and then saving back to your network/harddrive, be aware that you done the editing in the proper Revit version.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
xavierthardy
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you so much L.Maas 🙏. Much appreciation for your clear reply. I hope this helps other people who may struggle with this in the future. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators