Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family don't calculates airflows.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
366 Views, 2 Replies

Family don't calculates airflows.

Hi. 

I try to create family of AHU. I created very easy example, because I wanted to check how is it works. There are 4 connectors.
- air from room
- supply air to room
- fresh air
- exhaust air

I connected air from room with exhaust air diffusers, and supply air wit supply air diffusers. They have set som airflows. I would like to, connector of fresh air took the value of supply air etc. What i done wrong, why is not working?

Thank you for replies. 

I attach data. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbutts7
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a link to a post I wrote about air flow settings in Revit...it's based on 2013 but the theory is the same - let me know if it helps explain how this works -

http://mep-cad.blogspot.com/2013/01/getting-in-flow-with-revit-hvac.html

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dbutts7
in reply to: dbutts7

For connecting air flow values from one connector to another, you can accomplish this by adding a parameter that is defined as a formula for the other airflow value. The rules are important to follow:

- the values must be the same format - in other words, this works best when both parameters use the default Air Flow units - you don't want to combine common text with a duct specific Air flow parameter

- the values must be defined in the same family, to "inherit" the same values. Don't try to do this as a project parameters, it needs to be specific to the part

- Make the airflow value instance based, so you can make adjustments based on the exact airflow at the unit, rather than by the type.

hope this helps - thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators