Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Conduit Connector error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Bush.Bright
1359 Views, 7 Replies

Electrical Conduit Connector error

Hi All,

I created a family and implemented an Electrical Conduit Connector on the Bottom face of the Family in order for the Z-axis to point downward.  The intent was to have an identical instance of the same family located at different locations, and draw conduit between the two family instances and have them automatically offset and connect the conduit. 

However, when I make any attempts to draw the conduit by clicking on the connector I get the following error: "No auto-route solution was found". 

When I try to draw a conduit to connect to the connector I get the following error: "There was not enough room to place the required fittings. Consider increasing the length of the segments, or moving them farther apart to generate a solution".

I have checked all of my settings and everything seems to be in order.  

Any assistance at all will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jnyp
in reply to: Bush.Bright

By default when you draw a conduit from the connector the conduits elevation will be at the same Z-axis location as the connector. This leads to the error you are seeing because there is not enough room for a conduit elbow. If you begin to draw the conduit by right clicking the connector and selecting "Draw Conduit" then prior to picking your first routing point change the conduit's elevation to a lower elevation it should auto route. One thing to verify is that your conduit routing includes elbows to allow for elevation rises and drops.

Message 3 of 8
Bush.Bright
in reply to: jnyp

Hey, thanks for responding.
Your are right, that is how it is supposed to work.
But it is not working.
Instead I keep getting the following error:
"There was not enough room to place the required fittings. Consider increasing the length of the segments, or moving them farther apart to generate a solution".
Even if I change the conduit diameter to ¾ and try to go down to an elevation of -4ft.
Message 4 of 8
jnyp

Have you ensured that the conduit routing preferences has a valid bend family assigned?

Message 5 of 8
Bush.Bright

It was my conduit routing preferences.
Thanks a million...

Message 6 of 8
jnyp

No problem! Glad it worked!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

how do I get to this conduit routing preferences settings.  I am having the same issue . please help

Message 8 of 8
jnyp

You can find it under the conduit family type properties>fittings>bend, tee, cross, etc.

jnyp_0-1629136667848.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report