Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizer Elbow

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
GHASEM_ARIYANI
393 Views, 7 Replies

Customizer Elbow

I am making Fitting the picture below.

MEP_Customizer_Elbow.png

Please if you can help

To make accurate

Because it is necessary for my job

AutoCAD file attached..

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi all

I repeat ,It was created Fitting.

Please download the attached family

If there is a better way guidance

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8

One person you please answer my question 

Message 4 of 8
bit000
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

could you save lower version of revit. (2014)

regards,
bit
Message 5 of 8
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: bit000

hi

no-Sorry-i have Revit 2015.

Message 6 of 8
L.Maas

I looked at your family and screenshot. If I look at your family the bend side arm does not look like the one in the screenshot.

In the screenshot you see that center or R1 and R2 are in line. Further the curve of R1 and R2 end in 'vertical' line. Therfrore you would have to modify that extrusion.

Fitting.png

As you can see I also introduced an offset for R2. To create width of duct equal to W3, R2 center has to be offset from R1.

By doing this the duct start to look more like the one in the screenshot.

More should be done to this duct. Setting some of the values will work only upto a certain point. After that the model will break.

So more constraints have to be added, formulas to be added or values limited within certain range. But to decide which/how would require more information on the real part.

Hopefully this will help you along.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 7 of 8
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: L.Maas

hi and Thank you for taking the time Enlint

But the family fails.

The drawing automatically routing(Generate Layout) I want to use my fitting.

But fails.

So that: 

1000 CFM is an example entry and then, 200 CFM output to be the branching The rest continue straight.

I put a lot of time on this problem ,But I always fails.

I feel uncomfortable.

Message 8 of 8
L.Maas

I do not often create duct families myself. But hereby some tips that I found useful when creating those families. First of all study existing families, it might set you on the right track. Constrain your model. This means lock you extrusions etc to the reference planes/lines.

For families with connectors.In most cases make sure that at two of the connector intersect at the origin. Pay attention which connector you assogn as primary.

So I quickly did some modification to your family. Added constrains to some extrusions. Made sure that two of the connectors are on the origin axis (added eq constraints).

Tee.png

Then inserted into project

Tee Proj.png

I also do not find it always straightforward and need some experimenting to get it working..

More testing has to be done and maybe more constraints have to be added. But hopefully this will bring you further

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators