Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom MEP Specific Angles

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mwagnerfrey6
555 Views, 7 Replies

Custom MEP Specific Angles

Why on Earth can we not create custom specific angle preferences in MEP settings? Or at the very least, why isn't 15deg an option?

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hmunsell
in reply to: mwagnerfrey6

Have you considered putting that in as an Idea in the Revit Ideas Forum

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
nmarcelis

Hi @mwagnerfrey6 

Yes this is possible.

See the article below on how to do it.

Model pipe elbow at angles less than 5 degrees in Revit (autodesk.com)

Revit Certified Professional Architecture, Structure and MEP.
Message 4 of 8
iainsavage

I think they have set them at what would traditionally be commercially available elbow angles but you can also use the "any angle" option then set the preferred snap angles in the general settings:

iainsavage_0-1704820113922.png

Message 5 of 8
HVAC-Novice

For duct and pipe routing?

If the below doesn't solve it, please make clear what angles you mean and what you want to accomplish. 

HVACNovice_0-1704820733591.png

Revit version: R2025.2
Message 6 of 8
iainsavage
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

They want to add to or change the list of angles in that "Use specific angles" list.

Message 7 of 8
mwagnerfrey6
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell  So it can be ignored? Haha. I did a search to see if this was posted on the forums and I thought it included the ideas as well. I guess I was mistaken, cause this was posted as an idea:

More Specific Routing Preferences 

@iainsavage While I don't consider your work-around an acceptable solution and think Autodesk needs to fix this, I'll mark it as the solution because it's not your fault lol.

If anyone comes across this page and thinks we should be able to add custom angles to the preferences, please go vote at the link above.

Message 8 of 8
iainsavage

@iainsavage While I don't consider your work-around an acceptable solution and think Autodesk needs to fix this, I'll mark it as the solution because it's not your fault lol.

I don't know what your experience of Revit is but if you reject so-called "workarounds" you're going to have a hard time going forward.

Very few Ideas result in any action by Autodesk and there are issues from 2007 still unresolved.

So you can either use "workarounds" or wait years (or possibly for ever) for your wishes to be implemented.

Good Luck!

PS: You maybe marked the wrong post as solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report