Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy value "Scope Box" (name of Area) to parameter of element.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Föhn
458 Views, 8 Replies

Copy value "Scope Box" (name of Area) to parameter of element.

Hi everyone!

I have a question is it possible to copy value of Scope Box (name of area) to parameter of element wich is located in that area. Probably somebody have Idea how to realize it with Dynamo? 

viranotu_0-1659511611360.pngviranotu_1-1659511652880.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
iainsavage
in reply to: Föhn

You can do it manually fairly quickly using a view with everything visible, all phases visible, wireframe, suitable view range. Select everything in the scope box and just type the value in the parameter field.

As for Dynamo, that would be beyond my ability but I’m sure there will be a way of doing it by looking for coincident coordinates - but what happens if an object straddles two adjacent scope boxes?

Message 3 of 9
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage
Message 4 of 9
robert2JCCH

First call-out on the forums 😃

From the screenshot it looks like you have 3D views bounded by scope boxes, and you're attempting to push the scope box ID to everything inside of it.

There's a few assumptions I'm going to make, check these against your workflow and adjust accordingly.

The first is that custom node packages are OK to use. The ones I'm using are fairly well-known, reputable, and frequently updated. You can replicate this without those packages but trade production time and system performance to do so.

The second is that, in the event that a family falls inside two overlapping scope boxes, the family should accurately show that in the parameter.

robert2JCCH_0-1659547769902.png

The script below uses the springs and bimorph package. The bimorph package is pulling the heavy weight here. The out-of-the-box element.geometry node has a tendency to bog down with complex geometry or large list sizes: the bimorph package apparently goes through the API and doesn't have this problem.

Scope Box Contains_2022-08-03_10-30-17.png

Just replace the Comments parameter with whatever text-based parameter you use.

Edit: Realized after posting that I did not show the corner case of an item being partially clipped out of the bounding box. The Bimorph node does check the entire geometry, so it should still show as a 'clash' just fine. This is a small advantage over GetLocation methods since you're not just comparing a centroid or origin point.

Message 5 of 9
iainsavage
in reply to: robert2JCCH

@robert2JCCH wrote:

First call-out on the forums 😃

From some of your recent posts you clearly know your Dynamo so I thought you'd be able to help the OP. Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
Föhn

Yeh, I know. It works if i have not a lot of areas and scope boxes)

Message 7 of 9
Föhn

Thank you very much! I tried this way, but have a mistake, and don`t understand why 😞

Great thank you for helping, I just in the start of learning Dynamo 🙂 

Fhn_0-1659610362665.png

Message 8 of 9
robert2JCCH
in reply to: Föhn

List.Contains needs to be Cross-Product lacing since we are comparing every scope box to every fixture (A times B)

https://primer.dynamobim.org/06_Designing-with-Lists/6-1_whats-a-list.html

Message 9 of 9
Föhn

TY! Got it, it worked. It remains to figure out whether it is possible to run this not by separate categories, but by all elements and all floors - in these nodes we indicated level 2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report