Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope box

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
krupal.patelEER7M
517 Views, 2 Replies

Scope box

I am trying to filter pipes and fittings in schedule/Quantities by scope boxes.

As far as I know Revit doesn't allow to do so.

My question is is there any Revit plugins or add-ons which can filter my material by scope boxes?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: krupal.patelEER7M

Never tried it. But you might be able to do something with Dynamo.

As a concept:

-Find if a family instance intersects with a scopebox.

-Write the name of the scope box in a (new project parameter) of that instance

-Filter on this parameter

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3

A Dynamo workflow can do what you're looking for, but you'll have to address a few things along the way that are specific to your workflow.

Scope box geometry is exposed (though manipulating it isn't), so you can get a geometry representation of your scope box and compare it against the locations of your pipes and fittings. The bimorphs package offers a low-resource way to compare geometries so you aren't hanging up your client with 1000+ comparisons.

You'll need to address how you want to handle items that pass through the boundary of the scope box (ignore them? include them? split the pipe at the boundary?)

Everything else is as @L.Maas stated. Compare the geometries/locations to make a list, plug in a parameter to push this information into, then create a filter that uses this parameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report