Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit Rolling Offset Problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
nsalazar
1290 Views, 9 Replies

Conduit Rolling Offset Problem

When drawing conduit rolling offset (say conduit at 10' the other at 9'-6" and offset when connecting the conduit revit auto adds a box to make the elevation change connection instead of rolling the bend. funny thing is it works fine if I make a generic project 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
piotr.bocian
in reply to: nsalazar

That is because in conduit type properties you have selected bend fitting family which has defined inside family part type Junction Box Elbow.

If you need have bend select fitting with Elbow as part type.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Message 3 of 10
nsalazar
in reply to: piotr.bocian

Thanks  for the reply!,

Your suggestion helped get rid of the box but the transition still doesn't work properly (see attached) the second image is of a correct rolling offset done in a new centralCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Message 4 of 10
nsalazar

Just a quick question also how do I go by to reload these fittings maybe reloading them will fix the issue but I cant remember how to do it.

Capture3.PNG

Message 5 of 10
piotr.bocian

That's because Bend Radius is to big to the offset. Bend Radius you can set up while sketching on ribbon.

@nsalazar wrote:

Thanks  for the reply!,

Your suggestion helped get rid of the box but the transition still doesn't work properly (see attached) the second image is of a correct rolling offset done in a new centralCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Message 6 of 10
piotr.bocian

I'm not sure what you would like to do, but to reload family you have some ways:

1) Right click on family name in project browser and select Reload

2) Open family in family editor and load into project

3) Load family while placing

@nsalazar wrote:

Just a quick question also how do I go by to reload these fittings maybe reloading them will fix the issue but I cant remember how to do it.

Capture3.PNG

Message 7 of 10
nsalazar

I once created a central but forgot to make sure it was the electrical template so none of the conduit or cable tray came so I had to load it manually, but I have slept since so I cant remember how I did that. Anyways the bend radius is not the issue. Ill keep trying thanks for your help

Message 8 of 10
piotr.bocian

To transfer setting, system families and associated loaded families from another project use Transfer Project Standards: 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-2A49FE80-1B07-4C95-A0FE-42CE2001F3C2

Message 9 of 10
nsalazar

This fixed the issue but I would still like to know what caused it. Someone from our team must of modified the conduit family fittings or something.  Anyways thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Message 10 of 10
diacreek

want to make it fitting to fitting at a lot of instances. For example, for Victaulic system, if remove one fitting such as an elbow from the system, a lot of cost will be saved.

For small bore conduits, none too many concerns.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report