Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Architecture & MEP Templates

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KirkLB
454 Views, 3 Replies

Combining Architecture & MEP Templates

This question has probably been asked many times before mine but I am unable to find the answer. Currently I am involved with designing the kitchen for restaurants, schools, hospitals etc... I perform the equipment layout with a Architecture template so I can also develop the elevations. Then I link that template to my systems template to be able to develop the MEP's. I just needed to know if this is the most efficient way of doing this or is there a better way? Thank you very much for your time and help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: KirkLB

How do you link a template? 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: KirkLB

Are you linking Templates (.RTE) or are you linking Project Models (.RVT) files?

if your linking Project Models then yes, that is the typical way for MEP and Arch to work. The work is done in there respective models and then linked together. Levels, Grids and some other items can be Copy Monitored as needed for coordination.

if your Linking Templates... I defer to @RobDraw.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
KirkLB
in reply to: hmunsell

Thank you very much, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a better way. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators