Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearance Zones showing up Filled in 3D for Existing to Remain Equipment

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
aszczawinski
1049 Views, 11 Replies

Clearance Zones showing up Filled in 3D for Existing to Remain Equipment

Hello all,

I've come across an issue with Clearance Zones showing up "filled" for any equipment with the phase settings set to Existing for Phase Created and None for Phase Demolished. 

For instances where the Phase Created is New Construction and Phase Demolished is None, the Clearance Zones I have created show correctly as created within each respective family.

Please see snipit below as a reference.  Any help or suggestions to "override" the gray "filled" clearance would be appreciated.  For those familiar with the out of box electrical equipment, the equipment with the gray "filled" area is a Disconnect Switch with a second disconnect switch on the same wall, but with different Phase Created settings.  The object on the other wall is an ATS.

aszczawinski_0-1612900204714.png

Regards, Andruw

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
iainsavage
in reply to: aszczawinski

The first thing to examine would be the phase filter graphic overrides, particularly materials and patterns?

Message 3 of 12
aszczawinski

Are you able to create a phase filter override if the Clearance Zone lines are associated by different phases of the equipment?

Message 4 of 12
iainsavage

Are they lines or is your clearance zone an extrusion?

Message 5 of 12
hmunsell

Normally a 3D clearance box in a family is assigned a transparent material. when you set it as existing the Existing phase filter overrides take over and make it solid.

in the Phasing > Graphic Override's tab, remove the Material assignment. 

Capture.JPG

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
aszczawinski
in reply to: hmunsell

@iainsavage the lines used were detail lines and not extrusions

@hmunsell I did not know this was a possibility, let me give this a go and will respond back soon

Message 7 of 12
aszczawinski

@hmunsell That worked for me.  I like how REVIT keeps the Clearance Zone "Gray" for existing in lieu of the new work Clearance Zone being "Red" for me.  Thank you for the intel!

Message 8 of 12
hmunsell

not a problem.... the first thing i do when i make a new template/model is clear those material settings in the Phasing. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
iainsavage

I'm glad that you solved this with @hmunsell 's help but I did immediately say to 

you "The first thing to examine would be the phase filter graphic overrides, particularly materials and patterns"

Message 10 of 12
aszczawinski

@iainsavage My apologies for not giving you credit where it was due.  Yes - you had explained that, but I was unsure, at the time, where to navigate that or know what the window looked like.  Thank you as well and I did not mean any disrespect!

Message 11 of 12
iainsavage

It isn’t about credit, I’m not interested in that, it was about the extra time and effort taken to get you the same answer and help to fix your model. Anyway, you’re sorted now and keep on posting if you have any more trouble.

Message 12 of 12
aszczawinski

I appreciate you taking the extra time/effort in assisting.  Thank you again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators