Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see ceiling patterns

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
44963 Views, 21 Replies

Can't see ceiling patterns

My problem is I have a view in which the ceiling patterns will not show up.

I have a reflected ceiling plan in which I can select ceilings by clicking their borders, so for all intents and purposes I have my view settings correct (I think).  The view discipline is Mechanical.  The ceiling type is a 2x4 acoustic tile (the pattern shows up in a separate lighting plan).  I've tried making a view template from said lighting plan and applying it to the mechanical plan, but to no avail.

What am I missing here?  Using Revit MEP 2012, btw.

Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

Ceilings usually only have a pattern on the underside therefore the pattern is not visible in a floor plan, only in RCP.

You could put a pattern on the upper side of the ceiling but the pattern on the upper and lower sides are not related to each other so the alignment of the grids will be different unless you manually align both the upper and lower grids to the same setting out points.

The underlay solution only works properly when the ceilings are in the host model - it doesn’t work well when the ceilings are in a linked model.

If you want ceiling grids visible in a floor plan and the ceilings are contained in a linked model then I find the most reliable method is to use the method of placing a blank RCP view and a floor plan on top of each other on a sheet. Or instead why not just use a RCP view instead of a floor plan?

Message 22 of 22
benP85UV
in reply to: adveencha

Thanks.  My model too had a painted ceiling 😖

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators