Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Backgound is on top of my family text/label when I PDF.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1316 Views, 8 Replies

CAD Backgound is on top of my family text/label when I PDF.

Revit 2017

linked CAD background

Communication device family

I have a communication family for adding PA sound systems, the text in the family is a label. I have linked the CAD DWG in to Revit. In my floor plan view the text shows up above the background.  When I PDF the view, the text shows up behind the background.  I have tried to use masking when editing the family with no luck. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix this issue? 

back.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Even we have the same issue, in-fact  tried for the solution a lot but dint find any. We have an issue with the MEP exporting. Lot of teams have the same issue, when converted to PDF the Arch. text overlay's on the MEP text and elements, which makes lot of things not-readable. Hopefully, Autodesk should come up with this solution ASAP.

For reference I'm attaching my project snap shots also.

Any solution would be a lot helpful as we are at end of delivery and we want to produce a quality drawings.

Message 3 of 9
kadmonkee

try changing the base offset of the AutoCAD Link to something other than 0 (-1/16")

also try sending the entire link to the back  select the unpinned link right click select send to back. 

set the background option

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: kadmonkee

kadmonkee,

Thank you for your suggestions.  The base offset for the linked CAD background is set at 0.  I have tried setting it to a negative offset with not luck.  I might be wrong,  You are only allowed to Bring To Front or Set To Back in a drafting view.  I am working in a floorplan view.  

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

Not sure how it happens to you but I did a test the the half-tone CAD background inserted in a floor plan view stays behind Revit annotation as intended.

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 9
kadmonkee

did you check the link to assign it to this view only?

or is it supposed to show up in all views of that level?

If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

It is supposed to show up in all view showing floor plan level 1.  I have a view set as primary with dependents on level 1. I have 8 view set as dependents.  All 9 views are set to a master view template. Any change I make is to the master template. The 8 views I have are all placed on sheets.  This makes it easy for me to work in one working view, so I don't have to transition from view to view or multiple  scope boxes. 

Message 8 of 9
kadmonkee

if by use of a dependent view, set up your link as in primary view only.

this will provide you with the send to back option.

then cerate your dependent views as needed.

the dependent views will follow

thank you
Message 9 of 9
MuirEng

Hi,

I've found that text inside annotations is problematic. My solution has been to draw text with annotation linework. I also have a symbol with an "S" inside it and I've drawn that S using a couple of arcs. Maybe this is worth a try here. Good luck.

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report