Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Tray Tag BOT And Elevation View BOT discrepancies

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chongji.koh
330 Views, 3 Replies

Cable Tray Tag BOT And Elevation View BOT discrepancies

I need some technical advice regarding the discrepancies between Cable Tray BOT and Elevation View. Please see below:

In Elevation view, the BOT of the tray is 2420. While for cable tray tag is 2470. I have issue when rotating the cable tray running along the wall as shown and cable tray tag will measure the side of the tray instead the bottom of the tray as the BOT. Please advise how I should correct this so elevation view BOT is same as cable tag BOT.

chongjikoh_0-1659572819526.pngchongjikoh_1-1659572866296.pngchongjikoh_2-1659572897197.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dyp4f
in reply to: chongji.koh

You have modelled a horizontal cable tray having a width 200mm and height 100mm. After rotating it, the width became height and you see those "wrong" numbers, which are not exactly wrong, because Revit in Properties window show those Parameters (width and height) according to the initial setup of a horizontal cable tray.

If you model a cable tray from the start in a vertical position, meaning: width 100mm and height 200mm, then you will see that Elevation tags are the same as the Parameters (width and height) in Properties window.

Look below at the image:

Vertical Cable Tray.JPG

Message 3 of 4
chongji.koh
in reply to: dyp4f

If on plan view, you place the cable tag on this tray, it will says 2470 not 2420. For example, I pass the plan view drawing of this tray to an installer and the cable tag says 2470mm. But in elevation view, the real BOT of the tray is 2420, not 2470.

What I want to solve is the cable tagging issue or another way to resolve when i rotate the tray in the horizontal position and cable tagging gives me 2420mm instead of 2470mm?

Message 4 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: chongji.koh

Hello,

Check if the level in the MEP file is at the same position of the architecture level.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report