Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Duct Fitting Inconsistency

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thugogavin
116 Views, 2 Replies

Basic Duct Fitting Inconsistency

Hello. I am trying to automate a work-around for the pressure loss coefficients when producing a duct pressure loss report. While trying to build my own elbow families with automatic loss coefficients, I have discovered an issue with the built-in family "Rectangular Medium Radius Bend - Flanged - Standard". A key dimension for calculating the loss coefficient is the ratio between the throat radius and the bending plane's width. In the example images attached the elbow fitting is exactly the same except for its orientation. The parameter "Throat Radius" is driven by a formula using the "Duct Width", which exchanges values with the "Duct Height". This change is also demonstrated by measurement. In Revit's reassignment of the width and height, the throat radius should be driven by the width in the vertical case. This implies also that aspect ratio of the fitting is inconsistent in different orientations.

Does anyone know of a way to enforce consistency in orientations and parameters when building custom fitting families?

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: thugogavin

Check if my journey with the built-in ASHRAE tables helps.

For pipe fittings Revit did a better job, IMHO. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 3 of 3
thugogavin
in reply to: thugogavin

I realise I have made a serious error. The orientation is ok, I am completely wrong in the head.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report