Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Leader Spacing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2400 Views, 7 Replies

Annotation Leader Spacing

Hey, I'm working on setting up a Revit template for my company. I was testing out annotations and making adjustments when this suddenly started happening;

Revit Leaders Problem.png

All are the same annotation file, but each has wildly different spacing between the line and annotation. I've tried changing the tag file but nothing changed. I even went back to before I loaded the file and the annotations would still set up like this. Anyone have some advice on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nevermind, I think I figured it out

Message 3 of 8
kadmonkee

the leader start is the centroid point within the family.

you can fool Revit by using invisible lines for justifying the leader start point

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

Questions like to be answered.

Plus, it might help others if you post your solution.

You can even accept it as a solution to boost your count!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: kadmonkee

@kadmonkee wrote:

the leader start is the centroid point within the family.

I wasn't going to say anything, but, since it was accepted as the solution, I need to clarify.

I did some looking into this recently trying to figure out how to get multiline tags to have a bottom right and a top left leader landing. (Still haven't figured that out, BTW.) The leader start is actually the defined origin in the family. Not the one defined by the reference planes but one that is hard coded. Try moving stuff around in the family and you should see what I am talking about. The elements in the family act like a masking region. The border/leader offset affects how close the edge of the masking region is to the elements in the family.

Rob

Message 6 of 8
casquatch
in reply to: RobDraw
Message 7 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: casquatch

Make me click and linky don't work.

Rob

Message 8 of 8
casquatch
in reply to: RobDraw

Not sure what the deal is with the link, I'm copying directly from the Idea's page. Maybe they don't allow linking?

Anyway, the idea is named "Tag / Annotation Symbol Leader location" if you want to just go to the Idea's page and search for it.

Sorry, not spamming 🙂 Just want to get this fixed in the software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators